Your golden retriever runs around and leads a highly active lifestyle.
So you want him or her to be able to relax at the end of a busy day. That’s why you need to invest in a high-quality dog bed.
Do you really need to purchase a dog bed?
If your golden retriever likes to relax on your bed or sofa, you might wonder if you even need to buy a dog bed. But it’s useful because of how it’s designed.
Dog beds come in a variety of styles and designs to help to make your dog feel more comfortable, such as if they’re old or have troublesome joints. With that in mind, let’s look at the best dog bed for golden retriever: keep your pup comfortable and happy!
Best Dog Bed for Golden Retriever – Reviews & Buying guide for 2020
Best Overall: ANWA Washable Dog Round Bed
This round dog bed is adorable and looks puffy enough to ensure that your golden retriever dog is going to love every minute of relaxing or sleeping on it. Let’s check out what it has to offer.
- Machine washable
- Some dogs want to sleep in an enclosed bed because it makes them feel safe. It’s also the perfect way for dogs to rest their heads and necks. This bed has raised walls to make your dog feel more comfortable.
- The raised bed is great for a variety of other issues your dog could be experiencing, such as if he gets cold easily or if he feels stressed by sounds or sights in certain parts of the house. This bed will give him some privacy.
- Your dog’s sure to feel pampered in this luxurious bed that’s made with plush poly-fill. It’s especially comforting and supportive for dogs with health issues such as arthritis.
- Not just beautiful and plush, this dog bed is really easy to clean. You can wash it in your washing machine and even tumble dry it on a low cycle.
- This dog bed is waterproof.
- It won’t slip if your dog moves around in it or jumps into it excitedly.
- Some pet owners who purchased this have expressed disappointment with how the center cushion of the bed isn’t attached to the rest of it.
- Others have stated the bed is not as fluffy as it looks in the pictures.
- This dog bed comes in four colors.
- It also comes in four sizes: small (25 x 20 inches), large (36 x 28 inches), extra-large (44 x 34 inches), and XXL jumbo (50 x 40 inches).
If you’re looking for a comfortable bed that your golden retriever will love curling up in, choose this one. It offers support and greater privacy, helping your dog to have his or her own sanctuary.
Best Senior Dog Bed For Golden Retriever: PUPPBUDD Pet Dog Bed
This dog bed by Puppbudd has a different design to the previous product. Let’s check out why it’s so comfortable for your senior pet – and why golden retrievers of all ages will love settling into it at the end of the day.
- Soft filling
- This is a medium-sized dog bed and it has raised edges to provide your golden retriever with neck and head support.
- It has a soft filling that provides comfort while also relieving muscular or joint pain in older dogs.
- It contains soft coral fleece that’s warm, so it’s perfect for winter, especially because senior dogs feel the cold more than younger ones.
- It is non-slip, thanks to its waterproof backing.
- You have to pat and shake the bed before use, and you might have to wait up to two days for it to reach its puffiest state.
- Some people who have purchased this dog bed have reported dissatisfaction with how it doesn’t have a removable cover.
- This dog bed comes in six colors and four sizes.
- It’s easy to clean because you can wash it in the washing machine and dry it in the tumble dryer.
This comfortable dog bed is the best dog bed for older golden retriever pooches, but your younger ones will also love lounging around in it.
Best Orthopedic Bed For Golden Retriever: PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed
If your dog has problems with their joints and/or bones, he will need more support. That’s where an orthopedic bed comes in, and this one by PetFusion is the best.
- Memory foam
- Support bolsters
- Polyester and cotton twill
- This dog bed has a solid yet comfortable four-inch memory foam. This helps to decrease joint and bone pain.
- It contains recycled eco-friendly support bolsters that make it more comfortable.
- It also contains polyester and cotton twill, which help to make the bed more durable and comfortable.
- It’s both resistant to water and damage, such as in the form of scratches and tears.
- It has a non-skid bottom.
- This dog bed contains memory foam that has been Certi-PUR-US certified. It doesn’t contain any harmful toxins or chemicals, such as formaldehyde, lead, mercury, and phthalates. It’s also got low VOC emissions, so it’s safe for your indoor air.
- This dog bed fabric seems to attract lots of dog hair.
- This dog bed has to be taken apart in order to be cleaned. Some people have reported that it can be a hassle to get the foam roll back inside the cover.
- This bed has a removable cover that can be washed in the washing machine. You can also tumble dry it on a low setting.
- You can purchase replacement covers separately, so if your bed cover gets damaged it’s easy to get a new one.
While this foam dog bed might be a little tricky to clean, it offers many benefits for your dog by giving it more support and this makes it the best dog bed for senior retriever dogs.
Best Large Dog Bed For Golden Retriever: Furhaven Pet Plush Orthopedic Sofa
If your dog’s large, it might be a bit difficult to find a large enough bed for him that’s also comfortable and supportive. This dog bed by Furhaven Pet goes the extra mile to provide your large dog with a top-notch sleeping area.
- Contoured design
- Micro velvet
- Removable cover
- The best thing about this comfortable dog bed is that it has a contoured design that provides padding and cradling for your dog.
- It’s ergonomic. Its open design allows for your dog to sleep in a variety of positions without waking up sore.
- The surface of this bed has smooth micro velvet. It’s very soft and luxurious, sure to make your pooch feel very pampered.
- Not just comfortable for dogs of all ages, this dog bed is also supportive for dogs who have joint problems. This is because it contains orthopedic foam that’s thick and dense for the ultimate comfort.
- Some people have reported that the cover of this bed isn’t durable.
- Others have reported that the zipper broke after a short time.
- This dog bed comes in 20 gorgeous colors to match your home’s décor.
- The foam that’s used in this bed is made in the USA and has been certified by CertiPUR-US.
- It has a removable cover that can be cleaned in the washing machine. The foam core can also be washed by hand, which is a bonus.
This best orthopedic dog bed for large dogs offers many features that your dog will love. Restful nights and sweet dreams lie ahead.
Best Dog Bed For Golden Retriever Puppy: ANWA Dog Bed Pet Cushion Crate Mat Soft Pad
You might not think that you need a crate for your golden retriever puppy, but it has many benefits. For example, if your puppy’s not used to being around strangers and you have people coming over to your house, or when training your puppy. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make the crate as comfy as possible.
This crate bed by ANWA is both comfortable and supportive.
- Soft interior trim
- This crate bed has a thick cushion that keeps your puppy warm and supports his or her joints.
- It’s hypoallergenic, so it’s safe for your pup. It’s filled with PP cotton.
- It contains anti-slip bumps on the bottom so that your puppy will be able to jump in and out of it without it skidding across the floor.
- It’s not suitable for puppies who chew a lot as they could damage it.
- Some people who purchased this crate bed have reported that it loses its shape after being washed in the washing machine.
- It’s machine washable.
- It is squishy and cozy, and contains a soft trim on the inside.
- This dog bed comes in various sizes.
This crate bed will ensure that whenever you need to put your dog in a crate, he or she will be very comfortable.
Bed For Golden Retriever FAQ
It’s not always easy to know what type of dog bed to purchase for your adult or puppy golden retriever.
While some of the best rated dog bed options out there might seem great, you might not know if they have all the features you need. With that in mind, let’s check out some important questions related to dog beds.
What Size Of Dog Bed Should I Get For My Golden Retriever?
If you’re looking for the right size bed for your adult retriever, make sure you follow the general rule of choosing a bed that’s labelled large. These are usually made to accommodate dogs that weigh between 70 and 90 pounds.
But don’t be afraid to choose an extra-large bed. The more space your pet has to move around, the better. An extra-large dog bed will be around 35 inches x 45 inches (via The Foggy Dog).
It’s not just your dog’s weight that you should consider when it comes to choosing the best dog bed for your golden retriever, though.
You should also ensure that you consider how your dog likes to sleep. For example, if your dog likes to stretch across the floor or bed, or if he curls up instead, consider that to ensure that the bed you choose for your dog will be super-comfy.
At what age do golden retriever puppies sleep through the night?
If you want your puppy to sleep through the night, it’s good to know that puppies generally can sleep through the night when they’re around the age of four months. That doesn’t mean you can’t make your golden retriever puppy sleep through the night from a younger age – you can train him or her to do so.
Since golden retrievers are very active, ensuring that you give them lots of exercise during the day and before bedtime can encourage them to want to sleep more at night.
It’s also important to try to get your puppy into the habit of being active during the day and then sleeping at night, instead of the other way around otherwise you’ll just end up with disturbed sleep!
Do golden retrievers need blankets?
One of the items that your golden retriever will need in order to sleep well is blankets. You want to ensure that their bedding is made up of natural-fiber materials which are soft and free of toxins. Bear in mind that goldens love to chew items, so you don’t want anything that’s too expensive!
Blankets are important to put in your golden retriever’s bed because this dog breed tends to get cold at night. Even though they can tolerate cold weather, your golden retriever will love to feel warm and comfortable.
Bear in mind that if you have a puppy, it’s even more essential that you give him or her blankets. This is because puppies’ coats haven’t fully grown and they have thinner hair that doesn’t protect them as well against the cold as adult dogs’ coats.
Can Golden Retriever be left alone?
Golden retrievers are dogs that don’t usually experience separation anxiety, but this might not be the case for all goldens. Some might battle to be alone, and that could be as a result of their previous experiences.
However, if your dog is fine with being left alone at home, you can go ahead and let them stay without company for a while. You have to ensure that they will have everything they need during the time that they’re left alone.
You’ll need to check that your dog has access to water throughout the day and that your dog will be able to get to use the bathroom every four hours if he or she is in a crate.
That said, some sources (such as Pet Cube) have reported that you can leave some dog breeds alone for eight or more hours, and these include golden retrievers. However, the site goes on to add that dog breeds that can be left on their own for eight hours tend to be trained dogs that can entertain themselves when they’re alone.
It’s always worth ensuring your golden retriever has enough puzzles and other toys to keep him or her intrigued and occupied, and also to prevent anxiety, restlessness, and boredom.
It might also help to have two golden retrievers instead of just one so that they can keep each other company!
You want to give your golden retriever a lovely warm, comforting place to sleep so that bedtime becomes a pleasure for him or her.
But your golden retriever might also want to head to their comforting bed during the day, when he needs a little nap or just wants to chill out. That’s why it’s so important to give him a beautiful bed.
In this article, we’ve looked at the best dog bed for golden retriever: keep your pup comfortable and happy, and enjoy letting your puppy sleep all through the night!